Thursday 29 March 2018

Thursday March 29

It's been a bit quiet since my last post.

On Sunday afternoon I managed to see my first butterfly of the year, a Brimstone, flying along Costers Lane. Then on Tuesday evening that prime wildlife haven, our bathroom, produced the goods. No not a moth, or even an insect. A Tawny Owl was hooting sufficiently loudly for me to hear it with the window shut. With the window open, the sound was much clearer.

Last evening as I drove home past the old Badgers nursery along the A435, I glanced to my right to see a cock Pheasant in a field. Presumably the bird I saw at Ipsley Alders.

This morning I went for a freezing cold amble around Arrow Valley Lake, my glasses steaming up every time I looked through my bins. When I tell you the highlight was 12 Carrion Crows, three Chiffchaffs, and fly over Siskin and Grey Wagtail, you probably get the idea of how dull it was.

I did meet a couple of neighbours who told me they had spoken to Adey on Monday morning and he had seen a Swallow and a Sand Martin.

Soon be Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment