Friday 16 March 2018

Friday March 16

Note to self: Check your phone for messages in the morning.

This morning I didn't and it wasn't until late morning, when I was at my parents' house in Brum, that I noticed Mark had texted me with news of a Redshank in front of the sailing club at Arrow Valley Lake.

I visited in mid-afternoon, but was not surprised to find no sign of it. The only noteworthy birds were at least 130 Black-headed Gulls.

I am not sure how rare Redshank is at the lake, but to find any wader there (beyond Oystercatcher and Common Sandpiper) is a rare event so I suspect I've missed a biggy.

Never mind, this evening I found a littly (making my own words up now) in the form of my first White-shouldered House Moth of the year in the kitchen.

White-shouldered House Moth

No comments:

Post a Comment