Friday 23 March 2018

Friday March 23

With Lyn and her friend Maureen off to Solihull on a shopping trip I was free to go anywhere I liked. So quite why I went for a walk around Ipsley Alders is anyone's guess.

As it turned out, the visit did give me a patch year tick. After trying to photograph a Treecreeper and a Buzzard, and then seeing a few Redwings, things picked up when I decided to walk across the marshy bit hoping to flush a Snipe or a Woodcock (both of which would be mega). I flushed nothing until I was almost back at the boardwalk when a Pheasant got up and flew across the marsh.

Pheasant
The above image might have been a bit better had it not taken a couple of seconds for me to remember I was at Ipsley Alders and not Morton Bagot.

Treecreeper
Buzzard
Back home I saw my first recognisable bumblebee of the year, a Buff-tailed Bumblebee, as it flew across the back garden.

Still too cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment