Tuesday 12 June 2018

Tuesday June 12

Last night two moths entered the bathroom, and this morning I was fairly confident I had identified them.

Small Dusty Wave
Plum Tortrix
However, this evening I have received JS's verdict on last weekend's moths. On the macros I seem to be correct, but the micros are a bit of a mess. I have updated the post in question with the reidentifications.

One of the ones JS wasn't overly keen on was my Marbled Orchard Tortrix, the main problem being that the photograph didn't show the key features very well. The confusion species is Plum Tortrix, so its a bit ironic that the next day I caught what I have identified as a Plum Tortrix.

As to whether I am right, watch this space!

PS A partial update from JS. I sent him a second photograph of the Common Marbled Tortrix and he is now happy with the record. Meanwhile he has requested further photographs of the putative Plum Tortrix, which I have sent. The verdict is awaited.

No comments:

Post a Comment