Thursday 13 July 2017

Thursday July 13

Slightly cooler weather, and some rain yesterday, did not deter a macro-moth from entering the bathroom last night.

It looked immediately familiar, and was soon identified as a moth called The Snout.

The Snout
It seems rather strange having the definite article in the name of a moth. I can therefore say I caught a The Snout, which sounds wrong. Its a very common moth, apparently associated with Nettles, and I have recorded it in the garden before.

The Snout's snout showing well
Yesterday's rain encouraged our least favourite animal group to start moving around, although I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Garden Snail, even when one smears its way up our dining room window.

Garden Snail from below
Finally, I am supposed to be a birder, so I will at least mention that it is tit flock season, and we had an entry in the "how many Long-tailed Tits can fit on a feeder?" competition.

Four juvenile Long-tailed Tits


No comments:

Post a Comment