Friday 9 November 2018

Friday November 9

A cloudy day with a moderate south-westerly.

Overnight I gave the moth trap another outing in temperatures which dropped to six degrees. The following morning it contained a Blowfly sp, a Cranefly sp, and a very worn moth.

Brick

The jury is very much out on this one. I wondered about Yellow-line Quaker, while JS said it reminded him of a Sallow, which would be a garden tick. In view of the uncertainty I have posted a photo on the Facebook site which came up with a name for the micro a few days earlier.

If I get any suggestions I will post them.

A walk around Arrow Valley Lake this afternoon was equally disappointing. The Goldeneye and Kestrel were still present along with five Shovelers. Three Redwing flew over. Not much of a return.

PS with a resounding silence from the moth group I emailed a photograph to David Brown (aka the Guru) and he has pointed me to a moth called the Brick. Another tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment