Thursday 25 October 2018

Thursday October 25

I fluffed my lines this morning.

The moth trap went out, and I noticed a Light Brown Apple Moth and a geometer sp last night. This morning cloud had rolled in and two Wasps were running along the actinic strip lights at the top of the trap until I turned the light off. The Geometer sp was still present resting on the side of the box. I had three options: a. photograph it in poor light, b. get the book to work out what it was, or c. pot it and photograph it and identify it in better light. Unfortunately I chose c and it escaped before I could get the lid back on the pot. It was some kind of dark carpet moth, but beyond that I cannot say. Stupid!

Anyway inside the trap I found a November Moth ag (which I tried to photograph before attempting to pot it and watching it fly off mid process), and a Shuttle-shaped Dart. That at least was co-operative.

Shuttle-shaped Dart
Also in the trap were three Wasps and a caddis-fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment