Wednesday 14 June 2017

Thursday June 15

A couple more moths have now come to my attention. They were both spotted yesterday. The first was a Silver-ground Carpet which fluttered from bushes and then landed in the middle of the road as I was returning with the paper yesterday morning. I didn't have my camera, but I am reasonably familiar with this distinctive moth.

Last night an absolute stunner flew through the bathroom window. Unlike most moths it took me no time at all to identify it, using my moth book, as a Barred Yellow. It's rather a shame that such a pretty moth should have a rather uninspiring name. It seems that they are quite common.

Barred Yellow
I photographed it this morning as it rather groggily tried to reorientate after having been woken from a peaceful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment