Thursday 16 March 2017

Thursday March 16

A cold cloudy day.

On my first visit to Arrow Valley Lake this year I made the bold statement that the place looked like being the jewel in the crown of my patch. Two months on, that is looking like a very rash statement. Indeed I have come to realise that although the site has plenty of water, it does not attract wildfowl. In short, it's a disappointment.

Today I made a very brief visit inspired by hearing a Chiffchaff singing when I went to the shops at Matchborough (just off patch). Sure enough I arrived at the lake and heard probably two Chiffchaffs singing away.

But that was it. No new wildfowl, hardly any gulls, and no other migrants. The camera stayed in the bag, and I left feeling pretty disgruntled.

Poop.

3 comments:

  1. That's exactly why I went there so infrequently even when I lived 5 minutes walk away! Mind you, I do have Eider in my Arrow Valley list, but I twitched that from Upton 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, ditto the Eider (I twitched it from Brum). I'll just have to be bloody-minded and hope that eventually I turn something up. Rich

      Delete
  2. There will be something, just have to hope you're the one to find it... or at least be available to see it 😊

    ReplyDelete