Thursday 7 July 2016

Thursday July 7

As far as insects are concerned I have a somewhat patchy knowledge.

I am ok at identifying butterflies and dragonflies, having taken an interest in them at least 15 years ago, but when it comes to everything else I very much rely on references in books and photographs to try to work out what I am looking at.

I am also squeamish about killing things just to identify them, which leads to a few partial identifications such as the Copper or Svensson's Copper Underwing featured in the moth page.

So all I can say about the moth and other beasts pages are that I have done my best and believe the identifications to be correct, but am always open to guidance if anyone who manages to find this blog thinks I may have made a mistake.

A butterfly page and a moth page have now been added, and so far are completely based on creatures seen in the garden or which have accidentally flown into the bathroom at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment