Saturday 14 January 2017

Saturday January 14

A non-birding day, but I still managed to see a Black-headed Gull from the car-park at Morrisons, count 12 Magpies on the way to the paper-shop (more than the record total at Morton Bagot), and a Nuthatch from the bedroom window.

Overnight I heard a Fox call, reminding me that mammals tend to get neglected on this blog. The recent visit to Isley Alders produced evidence of a mammal which is presumably quite common, but never seen. I refer to the mole hills which are prevalent in the woodland edge there.

I also, finally managed to photograph a Long-tailed Tit on our feeder.

Long-tailed Tit
and got a better shot of a Great Tit for good measure.

Great Tit
The day is expected to descend into farce now, as we are off to see La La Land without having managed to buy tickets beforehand, and West Brom are playing Spurs away, I am expecting a calamitous defeat.

Later: Tottenham 4 West Brom 0. At least I didn't watch it, and we got in to see La La Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment