Friday 6 January 2017

Friday January 6

A grey old day. My journey to the paper-shop produced many of the usual species including a male Bullfinch, and a singing Coal Tit which was to be my only year-tick today. The most interesting thing seen was a cotoneaster which still had berries and a few Redwings. At the turn of the year the first Waxwings reached Worcestershire (though none have been reported in Redditch yet), so this bush could be the focus of my next few visits.

After a time back at the ranch I made a second late morning dash to the shop, this time remembering my camera. Sadly there was now rain in the breeze and the light was deteriorating fast.

At least I got a photo of a Carrion Crow, albeit an abysmal one.

Carrion Crow
While back in the garden a Woodpigeon obliged.

Woodpigeon

No comments:

Post a Comment