Wednesday 7 September 2016

Wednesday September 7

After another few days of warmer than average nights, the bathroom window was thrown open in the hope that we would be inundated by moths.

In the event four moths did find their way in, but there was nothing new (or at least I don't think so).

First up was a Double-striped Pug on Sunday night.

Double-striped Pug
Then last night produced two noctuid in the bathroom, and one in the hall. One was a migrant, but a common one, in the form of a Silver Y.

Silver Y
No problem identifying them. The last two were the tricky dull ones I slightly dread. Eventually I decided they were both Square-spot Rustics. I did think of emailing the recorder again, but I suspect he is getting sick of seeing photos of common moths, so I will stick with my own identifications.

The Square-spot Rustic found in the hall
The Square-spot Rustic found in the bathroom
Its probably time I started looking at birds again.

No comments:

Post a Comment