Friday 13 October 2017

Friday October 13

My enthusiasm for doing this blog seems to be trickling down the plug-hole. Until today I had made no effort beyond keeping the feeding station in the garden topped up, and have been rewarded by regular visits of the usual species including up to 10 House Sparrows. One or two Chiffchaffs during September almost convinced me to set finger to lap-top (modern version of pen to paper), but I wasn't  so moved.

I did see a squashed Hedgehog along Alders Drive about three weeks ago, which at least means that they still existed up until this unfortunate individual's false move. They used to be so common here that we would get up to two live ones in the garden. Those days are now a distant memory.

So to today. It was rather breezy and mild so I walked around Arrow Valley Lake where everything was much as I remembered it. So much so that I am struggling to find anything interesting in my notebook. A moderately large flock of Long-tailed Tits had about three Goldcrests in tow, but nothing better than that.

A single adult Herring Gull was the only "unusual" bird on the lake. I use the term unusual very loosely here.

Herring Gull
Maybe next time there will be some ducks (other than Mallards).

No comments:

Post a Comment